Virginia Child Support Lawyer
CHILD SUPPORT LAWYER FAIRFAX Virginia
A child support lawyer Fairfax VA puts in a lot of thought and calculations before arriving at conclusions regarding the guardianship of a kid. All parents are responsible for the effective upbringing of their wards. Every parent is legally obliged to satisfy the requirements of their kids, regardless of the current state of affairs of the former. All requirements are satisfied only with the contributions of both parents. These contributions can either be monetary or non-monetary. In almost all cases, the financial contributions are usually made by the non-custodial parent.
Division for Child Support Enforcement (DCSE) of the social services department of Virginia
Both the parents are equally eligible to obtain child custody rights. A lawyer at Fairfax VA aids in acquiring desirable guardianship benefits. A person can lawfully seek child support rights in any of the following circumstances:
- A legal guardian or biological parent can apply for sole custody.
- A legal guardian or biological parent can seek joint custodianship with another parent.
- Any random person, who has genuine interests in the welfare of the kid, can apply for guardianship as well. This parent can also be any blood relative like an aunt, a grandparent, etc.
- When the applicant is originally the paying spouse, who has several dues that are left unpaid as per the previous assistance plan.
- A child support lawyer Fairfax VA aids a person in achieving the desired support plan. There are exactly two ways that are often followed by a child support lawyer Fairfax VA to render results without visiting courts. The ways include:
- The social services department of Virginia can come up with financial arrangements on its own, without facing interventions from the state court. In these cases, the child support lawyer Fairfax VA submits applications to the Division for Child Support Enforcement (DCSE) of the social services department of Virginia, on behalf of the seeking spouse.
- The DCSE can prosecute custodial issues specifically for the individuals, who acquire special assistance services that are provided for the families that possess genuine need.
A lawyer at Fairfax VA looks to resolve almost all cases without approaching courts. All that is required is the timely submission of the requisite application to the DCSE. A guardianship case proceeds to the Virginian family courts only when one or both parents violate or disregard the plans proposed by the DCSE. Even during these cases, the court-proposed judgment will just be an addition to the prevalent custodial arrangement that is suggested by the DCSE.
A child support lawyer Fairfax VA requires the following details and documents for filing applications with the DCSE of the Virginia social service department.
- An identity card with the picture of the applicant.
- The social security number and driving license number of the desiring spouse.
- The social security number and birth certificate of the kid.
- An attested acknowledgment of paternity (if the applicant holds one).
- Photocopies of the previously declared guardianship orders.
- The name, social security number, residential address, occupational qualifications, and salary details of each biological parent.
In the meeting with the DCSE, a child support lawyer Fairfax VA expects the appropriate authorities to question the applicant on the following aspects.
- Whether or not the concerned person is opting for a legal separation.
- Whether or not the applicant and the considered kid are receiving financial benefits from the government.
- Whether or not the applicant acquires financial aid from an organization of a foreign state.
It is beneficial to have a child support lawyer Fairfax VA alongside while attending these meetings. A child support lawyer Fairfax VA provides adequate guidance and support to confidently face these crucial meetings. Additionally, a child support lawyer Fairfax VA can also help with collecting and documenting all requisite papers that should be mandatorily presented during these official DCSE gatherings.
The concept of 'rebuttable presumption'
A child support lawyer Fairfax VA is familiar with the significance of this element in deciding the value of the sought award payments. As per this statute, every funding agency genuinely believes that the declared award payments are the rights amounts. These presumptions can be rebutted only when the courts intervene. A parent, who feels unsatisfied with the announced payments, is eligible to challenge the decisions of the funding agency. A child support lawyer Fairfax VA aids in lawfully challenging the value of the payments granted by the funding agency.
The method adopted by a child support lawyer Fairfax VA to predict or calculate the value of the expected financial compensation
A child support lawyer Fairfax VA determines or approximately predicts the value of the award payments by taking into consideration the guidelines enforced by the state government. The amount proposed should be in agreement with these guidelines. A child support lawyer Fairfax VA determines the value of the payment by considering the following factors:
- The number of kids that require support.
- The total income of each parent. This includes income from all resources, owned assets, monthly benefits, etc.
- Any required custodial plan.
A child support lawyer Fairfax VA is acquainted with the fact that the payment of an award ceases only when the kid turns 18 or graduates high school. Under several circumstances, the award payments continue even after the minor reaches the age of 18. In particular, if the kid is mentally or physically challenged, the paying spouse will continue to render financial compensations even after the minor turns 18.
An experienced child support lawyer Fairfax VA faces various challenges while handling guardianship cases. It is not always easy to determine the parent, who will be expected to meet the financial needs of the kid.
The procedures involved in the child support case appear to be intimidating to the common man. But a lawyer Fairfax VA will adequate experience in the field can complete the task with ease. The assistance of Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. can bring great advantage in resolving the issue amicably. The experience of the child support lawyer Fairfax VA with long periods of service proves beneficial and resourceful. A child support lawyer Fairfax VA can also help in receiving all payments that are due to be paid by the paying parent. Therefore, a child support lawyer Fairfax VA at the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C., should be approached for acquiring quicker resolutions for any custodial issue.